This electric skillet also has a lot of positive reviews from satisfied customers across the globe, so we can authoritatively comment on its satisfactory performance, and thus believe it to be well worth every penny.
The De’Longhi BG45 electric skillet measures of 15” in length, is 11.5” wide and is 3” deep. This is big enough to prepare enough food for a large family. The De’Longhi is also complimented by users from around the world for having a relatively short heating time and being a pretty great cooker for various types of meals.
A great advantage of the BG45 is that it is also a very large frying pan that can comfortably serve a large number of people and/or family.
Convenience is a key feature when opting for a frying pan and the BG45 has that feature. Meals of all kinds such as stews, roasts, grills, baked foods, fries, and one-dish meals can be prepared with this skillet. It also comes with a tempered glass cover to let you easily check the contents of the skillet to know when it is ready without removing the cover.
Just like the Presto 06857, the BG45 also features dual cool touch handles which are heat resistant. Safety conscious homemakers would find these cool touch handles pretty interesting, as they are not only safe but also allow easy and comfortable carriage without the need for an oven mitt.
The De’Longhi BG45 electric skillet, as stated earlier, is a large electric skillet with overall dimensions measuring 15 x11.5 x 3 inches. The skillet has a large cooking and serving capacity and is perfect for cooking family dinners. You can cook your meal according to your preference using the detachable and adjustable thermostat to give you the needed results.
It is also more energy efficient than a range burner and/or oven and thus saves more energy. This electric skillet also features a built-in pour spout which also serves as a spatula or spoon rest.
The BG45 is also dishwater safe, just wipeoff the non-stick skillet base and lid and insert it in to the dishwasher after use. This saves time and energy if you are not cut-out for manually washing dishes.
Check price: Here
- The De’ Longhi BG45 is pretty large and can comfortably serve a family with several children. Its measurements of 15 x 11.5 x 3 inches make it not only able to hold a lot of food, but also make it usable as a griddle.
- The knob set is pretty accurate, with a top temperature setting of 400 degrees. You can lower the temperature by rotating the knob.
- The handles of the skillet are usable when the controls are in place, which is not true for most other skillets.
- It features a die-cast aluminum body
- The dial of the thermostat is a real dial that turns and not one that uses electronic push buttons, commonly seen in most other skillets.
- It features a cool tempered glass lid which lets you look inside without taking off the lid. It also minimizes heat loss.
- It can be used on a buffet, serving food to a large gathering of people. It also makes the buffet service presentable and attractive.
- The BG45 electric skillet also tends to heat uniformly at any desired temperature.
- It also features a non-stick surface which allows for a quick, easy and thorough cleaning of the utensil.
- The skillet is dishwasher safe, and thus can save you the time and trouble of washing it by hand.
- The skillet features plastic inside the lid. Many people do not like plastic touching their food.
- Another issue is the grip handle. Some users say it isn’t very comfortable.
- You can easily be burnt by the side of the skillet as it gets very hot and the insides of the handle don’t fully cover it. You have to be careful not to accidentally touch it.
The De’Longhi BG45 is overall a very impressive electric skillet and is priced reasonably at about $40. It features a tempered glass lid, a cool carry handle, an accurate heating element, beautifully presentable design, and a big enough skillet to prepare ameal for a large family. The skillet is perfect for an in-house cooking experience.
At its price, the De’Longhi BG45 electric skillet has features which make it one of the best among utensils of similar performance. A good buy if you’d like to have a skillet that performs fabulously and is still cost efficient.