The West Bend 72215 Electric Extra-Deep Oblong Nonstick Skillet is another pretty nice electric skillet on the market.
Priced reasonably at less than $40, this nonstick electric skillet does a fantastic job of delivering heat evenly across the pan.
The skillet’s large dimensions measure about 12 x 20 x 8.5 inches, which easily allows for cooking large family portions.
The West Bend 72215 Electric Extra-Deep Oblong Nonstick skillet is complimented by users from around the world for being versatile, thanks to its oblong shape.
Users have also complimented it for resolving issues which are common among other nonstick skillets, such as uneven heating and having low sides. This skillet takes convenience seriously as with the other skillets reviewed earlier.
If you are a foodie, this skillet is for you. It can be used to prepare different kinds of dishes such as stews, roasts, grills, baked goods, fries, and one-dish meals. It also comes with a tempered glass cover which lets you easily check when the food is done cooking.
The West Bend 72215 also features heat-resistant handles. Safety-conscious homemakers would find these heat-resistant handles necessary, as they are not only safe but allows you to carry the skillet without an oven mitt.
The West Bend 72215 Electric Extra-Deep Oblong Nonstick Skillet is dishwasher safe, and thus fully submersible. This makes it a great buy, especially for those who dislike washing dishes by hand, as most folks aren’t. To make it easily washable, the base and handles of the skillet are easily detachable. They can be nested in the pan for easy, space-saving storage as well.
This oblong electric skillet has a varying temperature control system capable of reaching 400 degrees. The skillet’s master heat control system also maintains any desired temperature when cooking or baking. (Some users have said it is very versatile and can be used to bake cakes, cook a roast, or even make a casserole).
Check price: Here
- 3-inch high walls with nonstick coating for effortless food release
- It’s an electric 12 x 14.4” oblong electric skillet with variable temperature control
- Heat-resistant handles
- It is fully submersible and is dishwasher safe.
- Has a unique tilt leg which drains grease from food as it cooks
- The West Bend 72215 Electric Extra-deep Oblong Nonstick skillet is dishwasher safe, submersible and can be easily washed.
- The West Bend electric skillet has a nonstick coating, which allows it to be easily cleaned.
- The skillet is very spacious and deep, perfect for deep frying. It is also great for shallow frying thanks to its wide base.
- The oblong shape of the West Bend 72215 electric skillet makes it very versatile, and thus can be used to prepare just about any dish, such as snacks, stews, broths, roasts, fries, etc.
- The detachable handles and base make the skillet very easy to store, letting it take up less space.
- The base of the skillet is made of aluminum and guarantees long usage.
- The skillet is very energy efficient and thus perfect for minimizing power usage.
- The tempered glass cover lets you easily view your meals during preparation.
- The skillet enjoys an addition of a side vent which lets moisture/steam escape.
- This electric skillet is priced reasonably with a price tag of about $40.
- The West Bend 72215 Electric Extra-deep Oblong Nonstick skillet has heat-resistant handles which allow it to be carried while hot.
- The 72215 electric skillet features a unique tilt leg which drains grease away from food as it cooks.
- Unlike many other skillet models, this West Bend skillet has a warm setting.
- This dishwasher comes with a limited one-year
- One major disadvantage a few users have complained about is that the skillet has uneven heat distribution. Some users have said that one area of the skillet heats up faster than the rest.
- A few users have also complained about the nonstick coating losing its touch after a few months/years of usage.
The West Bend 72215 Electric Extra-Deep Oblong Nonstick Skillet, for its low price of less than $40, is an above-average skillet. It features a tempered glass cover for easy food monitoring and heat insulation, and dual heat-resistant handles for convenient carrying.
It is also made of high-quality aluminum material with nonstick coating. Besides that, the skillet is dishwasher safe and can be fully submerged in water and washed easily.
Overall, the West Bend 72215 electric skillet is very versatile and convenient, which would serve any homemaker looking for a large skillet to prepare an all-in-one dish effortlessly. Though it has its flaws, users all over the world have praised it for being a low budget skillet which gets the job done.