The Presto 06857 is one of the best electric skillets available in the market today. From several thousand customer reviews of this electric skillet, we can definitely say it is well worth every penny.
The base of the Presto 06857 electric skillet measures about 16 inches and has high side walls. Also, according to reviewers from around the world, it heats up pretty well. It can easily cook meals as good as a stovetop frying pan. One advantage of this frying pan is that it is very large and can comfortably serve a large family.
Preparing meals such as stews, roasts, baked pastries, fries, and one-dish meals has never been more convenient. This electric skillet comes with a tempered glass cover which lets you easily check the food to know when it is ready. It also comes with a heat-resistant handle, which is not only makes carrying it without an oven mitt safe, but also makes the skillet double as a buffet server.
Like we earlier mentioned, this electric skillet is pretty big, the overall dimensions measuring 20 x 12.5 x 8 inches. This is pretty large and thus ideal for cooking large meals. The base of this skillet is coated with non-stick heavy cast aluminum. The skillet is also more energy efficient than an oven or range burner. The skillet features a built-in pour spout which also serves as a spoon rest.
Interestingly, this electric skillet is dishwasher safe. If you are not cut-out for washing dishes by hand(as most folks aren’t), then you could make do with this. For convenience, the skillet’s base and handles detach, allowing them to be nested in the pan for easy storage.
It has a master heat control system which helps it maintain any desired temperature when cooking or baking. (Some users have said it is very versatile and can be used to bake cakes, cook a roast,or even make a casserole). The electric power requirements to power this skillet are 120volts, 60 Hz.
- Non-stick base made of heavy cast aluminum
- Dishwasher safe.
- Uses a universal electrical power supply requirement 120volts, 60 Hz
- Has a pour spout that doubles as a spoon and/or spatula holder
- Has a tempered glass cover.
- Detachable base and handle
- Heat-resistant handle.
- This electric skillet is very versatile and can easily cook just about any food or snack, from toasts, broths, roasts to cakes.
- The skillet is very spacious and deep, perfect for deep frying. It is also great for shallow frying, thanks to its wide base.
- The skillet has a built-in spout which is great for pouring liquids. The spout also doubles as a spoon and/or spatula holder during cooking and serving.
- It is dishwasher safe and can be easily cleaned.
- The skillet’s detachable handles and base make it very easy to store, taking up less space.
- The heavy cast aluminum base of this skillet is non-stick, and thus easy to clean up after use.
- The skillet is very energy efficient and thus perfect for minimizing power usage.
- The tempered glass cover lets you easily view your meals during preparation.
- The skillet enjoys an addition of a side vent which lets moisture/steam escape.
- This electric skillet is priced reasonably, with a price tag of about $50.
- Occasional complaints of the clicking sound of the skillet being annoying, especially after several hours of cooking.
- Some users also complained of the skillet having uneven heat distribution — sometimes heating up slowly, other times heating up too quickly.
- After several years of usage, the non-stick coating may deteriorate, allowing foods to stick to the skillet.
The Presto 06857 is one of the best electric skillets money can buy. Priced reasonably, the skillet comes with all the major features you’d expect from a $50 kitchen appliance and more. This very impressive skillet comes with a tempered glass cover, a non-stick base, a side vent, heat-resistant handles and a pour spout.
Overall, the Presto 06857 is a great product, especially for large families, and would considerably save on both cooking time and energy. The Presto 06857 comes in two sizes: a 12-inch base and a 16-inch base; this review adequately covers both, but is centered on the 16” variant.